History Of Piccolo Me
Piccolo Me was founded in October 2012 by brothers Charlie & Roy El Hachem. The brothers set out to develop a brand that was different and did not look like a traditional chain. A brand that was young at heart but strong on traditions, playing on the strength of emotional connections and childhood favourites; mixing traditional flavours with a modern twist.
The name Piccolo Me originated from Charlie and Roy’s coffees of choice “Piccolo Latte” and pays homage to the size of their first store being “small”.
Founders Charlie & Roy
Charlie started his career as a barista, while working his way to winning Sydney’s favourite café award. Charlie is by far one the industries most experienced cafe operators, having worked and operated food outlets from the age of 16 and is currently learning the art of boutique coffee roasting. Charlie’s role at Piccolo Me encompasses overseeing the day-to-day operations of the business, site selection, supply chain and lease negotiations.
Roy started of his career as a barista while studying marketing full time. It was during this casual barista role, that Roy developed a real love for the café industry. So passionate about this, Roy can be found working the coffee machine during his free time. Roy’s key role at Piccolo Me is Head of Design & Marketing while also being involved in product innovation.
Piccolo Me Concept
Piccolo Me sets the example for superior coffee standards served in a fun, friendly modern environment with well-trained passionate people maintaining our standards. With stores in NSW and VIC (and growing), concentrated in large office blocks and on University campuses, Piccolo Me has built a reputation for providing consistently great coffee.
What does it mean to be Piccolo’d?
Piccolo’d is a term used to express one’s joy from visiting a Piccolo Me Outlet.
Eg.“I went to Piccolo Me today & enjoyed a Piccolo Me Bomb, I definitely got Piccolo’d!”
- 2012 First store opens at 10 Bridge Street, Sydney
- 2013 5th store opens at Macquarie University, Sydney
- 2014 Piccolo Me commence franchising
- 2014 First franchised store at 10 Bridge Street, Sydney
- 2015 Tenth store opens
- 2016 Piccolo Me signs 5th franchisee
- 2016 Twelfth store opens
- 2016 Piccolo Me opens Support & Training Centre in North Rocks, NSW
- 2017 Piccolo Me signs 8th franchisee at WSU Parramatta South Campus in Sydney
- 2017 First interstate store opens in Melbourne, VIC
- 2017 Opens 17th store at University of Wollongong Innovation Campus
- 2018 Opens 20th store at 400 Moorebank Ave, Moorebank