OUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
NAVIGATING THROUGH THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
The world is grappling with an issue of enormous scale and human impact as the coronavirus outbreak has been labelled a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, spreading in multiple countries around the world at the same time. Our thoughts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At Piccolo Me, we consider your safety our highest priority and believe it is our duty during this time to priorities two things:
- The health and safety of our customers and employees
- Supporting local health officials and government as they work to contain the spread of virus.
We are monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation closely and listening carefully to the questions and concerns from our loyal customers and employees. We will make decisions with vigilance and courage informed by the latest information and guided by our own principles, policies and procedures.
Following the advice of the Department of Health, we will actively take precautionary measures to minimise the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our stores nationally and support the health and well-being of our customers and the communities where we serve.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing procedures in all our stores. We expect every store to do a deep clean every day.
- Ensuring every store has the proper cleaning and sanitation chemicals and the solution in spray bottles is properly mixed.
- Reminding staff of hygiene and cleanliness best practices.
- Requiring staff to declare their health and travel status.
- Frequently cleaning hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or hand soap and running water.
- Staff are to wash hands after handling food and beverages, periodically after handling cash money, when returning from breaks, after taking the rubbish out or touching any waste materials, after toilet use and handling of toilet key (if any), after cleaning and clearing tables, and any time when hands are visibly dirty.
- Regularly keeping the ordering and pickup counters clean and sanitised and provide the customers with sanitiser on the counter.
- When coughing and sneezing, covering mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue, throwing the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
- Keeping the ice scoop off the ice and thoroughly wash it after every order.
- Keeping open straws from public access or using single-wrapped straws if available.
While we are currently maintaining regular operations, we must be prepared to modify operations with options that still allow us to serve our customers. All Piccolo Me stores have now also suspense the use of BYO keep cups and mugs to minimise contamination.
We thank you very much for your continued support and will keep trying our hardest to provide the highest quality food, drinks and services. If you have any concern about any of our stores please send an email to email@example.com and a head office personnel will get back to you.
UPDATE: FROM MONDAY 23RD MARCH 2020
As the situation around Coronavirus continues to develop, we want everyone to remain calm and stay positive as you go about your day. Although we are all influenced by the circumstances, life goes on, and we must remain poised and face the future with style and courage.
At a late night press conference, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced “stage one” closures of some venues to deter mass gatherings which come into effect on Monday 23 March 2020.